AIFA grant EOI deadline is now 28 August 2020
27 April 2020:
In recognition that many potential AIFA grant applicants have less discretionary time in 2020 due to the demands from COVID-19, the AIFA grant EOI deadline (previously 15 April 2020) has been deferred.
The revised dates for the AIFA 2020 grant process are as follows:
- EOIs due: 28 August 2020 (using the form at www.allergyimmunology.org.au/grants)
- Shortlist announced: 30 September 2020
- Full grant applications due: 30 October 2020
- Grant recipients announced: 15 December 2020
In 2020 AIFA will award a total $110,000 to immunology/allergy research via the following grants:
- $40,000 - AIFA Food Allergy Research Grant
- $30,000 - AIFA Allergy (other than food allergy) or Autoimmunity Research Grant
- $15,000 - AIFA Primary Immunodeficiencies Clinical Research Grant (supported by CSL Behring)
- $15,000 - AIFA Hereditary Angioedema Clinical Research Grant (supported by CSL Behring)
- $10,000 - AIFA Food Allergy Research Grant (supported by DBV Technologies)
We take this opportunity to thank our generous donors and sponsors of the 2020 AIFA grants.
At a time when medical research is more important than ever, we believe that the annual AIFA grants play a vital role, by providing seed funding, encouraging emerging researchers and promoting more immunological research in Australia and New Zealand. We welcome donations for the 2021 AIFA grants, which should proceed with the usual timeline, with grants being presented at the ASCIA 2021 Conference in Melbourne in September 2021.
We look forward to receiving the 2020 AIFA grant EOIs.